Google

Monday, October 22, 2007

Random Rant

Well, I am going to try my best to get this thing back on it's feet. For today I am going to go off on a little rant, Maybe I'll throw in some pics and what not but you'll have to read on to see. I have been in a rut with some terrible writer's block.

Now lets talk about sports... The Boston Red Sox destroyed the Colorado Rockies as you may well know. From a baseball fan's point of view, the non-competitiveness of the Rockies was horrible and hard to watch. I attribute their no-show to both the huge lay-off, 9 days is a long time to not play baseball and be expected to perform in the biggest series of the season. There are two factors at work here. One, the Rockies' hotness throughout the playoffs turned out to be detrimental, they should have paced themselves, lose a game here or there and then you're good. But even if the Rockies had been fresh for that series, I am not sure that the outcome would have been much different. Beckett was still unbeatable, but they may have won a game or two somewhere along the way. If the Rockies really wanted a scapegoat then they could go after the league and Fox/TBS. The playoff schedule is absurd! The day offs really impede the excitement of a series, especially in a 7 game series. I am not really sure what my point is, but the MLB is becoming a lot like the NFL where the biggest game(s) of the year are the American League/Football Conference Championship game is the more important championship to win. It almost feels like the national championship games are against minor league teams. Its a lock that the AFC team will win the NFL Championship Game again this year.

The Patriots will be addressed soon.

No comments: